Monday, October 7, 2013

Scottsdale Super-cars

Tags

Lamborghini Murcielago (photograph by the author)

His and Her's Ferrari 458's (photograph by the author)

I went to a local Cars and Coffee event in Scottsdale this past weekend and it reminds one that Scottsdale is littered with super-cars. Its plan silly how many Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc. are prowling the streets of this southwestern community.

Don't get me wrong, I love these cars as much as the next person, even though they're out of my reach. However, when you see so many in one place, it does take a bit of the shine off. Thankfully, I had my son with me, who loves super cars and could identify each model. It's interesting to see the contemporary super-cars next to a few from the past.

One of the cars that caught my attention was a friend's Renault R5 Turbo. These cars were introduced to complete in Rally racing and a road-going version was manufactured between 1980 through 1986. The car seen here is a 1985 "Turbo 2" with aluminum roof panels. Of the 3576 total R5 Turbos (all years), these Turbo 2 (later variation) are not often seen in the United States. Weighing in at roughly 2200 lbs and with 160+ horsepower from the mid-engined turbo charged 4-cylinder, these cars are street rockets.

Renault R5 Turbo 2 (photograph by the author)

Bugatti Veyron (photograph by the author)

Aston Martin DB6 (photograph by the author)

Aston Martin V8 Vantage (photograph by the author)



EmoticonEmoticon