Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Unknown car - Can you solve the mystery?

Tags

Connecticut circa 1918 (from the collection of the author)

I don't usually offer up a mystery car, but in this case I'm stumped. I acquired this image in an antique store a few months back and the car is noted as a Buick (written in pencil on the back). I'm fairly certain it's not a Buick. The car wears a 1918 Connecticut license plate, however the car itself is earlier - probably 1911 or 1912. It appears to be an American make of mid-price range. The photo is not the greatest, but you can click on it to enlarge.

The challenge is on. Please leave me a comment and let me know the year and make. 

UPDATE: Blog reader Ariejan Bos has suggested that this car may be a 1911 or 1912 Haynes. Great suggestion, Ariejan


EmoticonEmoticon