Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fantasy picks for Gooding & Company's Pebble Beach Sale

Tags

It's Pebble Beach time again, and in anticipation of going for the first time in almost ten years, my son and I sat down to pick our top three cars being offered by Gooding & Company. Not simply the most expensive or rare, but the cars we'd most like to have in our garage - cars we would use.

From the start, there was a problem with this exercise as we couldn't seem to get it down to just three cars - so here's our top 5. What's yours?



Photo credit: Gooding & Company
The 1920 Mercer Series 5 Raceabout (lot 12) estimated at $300,000 to $400,000. Ever since Dad came close to purchasing one of these years ago, I have always loved the Series 5 Mercers.



Photo credit: Gooding & Compan
1955 Aston Martin DB3S (lot 32) estimated at $5 to $7 million. Ok, this car is so for from being affordable it make my head spin, but I've read that these are as nice to drive a D-Type Jaguar and that's just about all I need to hear to add this one to my fantasy list.



Photo credit: Gooding & Compan
1967 Toyota 2000 GT (lot 36) estimated at $1 to $1.3 million. My son added this one to the list, but I have to say I think these cars are super cool.



Photo credit: Gooding & Compan
1912 Packard Model 30 Touring (lot 121) estimated at $400,000 to $500,000. Any Model 30 Packard is a wonderful car, but this was owned by Phil Hill - need I say more?



Photo credit: Gooding & Compan
1967 Brabham-Repco BT24 (lot 148) estimated at $1.2 to $1.5 million. Another addition from my son. l don't know much about this beyond what can be read in the catalog, but what fantastic look.


EmoticonEmoticon